Abhishek Banerjee said, "Ranveer Singh's performance as Hamza was one of his best.
What he did, I think it's one of the best.I don't have anyone to compare with.It's his best."
When asked if he thought Ranveer's portrayal of Khilji was better than Hamza, Abhishek said that Hamza's role had different challenges for the actor.
"Trust me, this is more difficult than Khilji.As an actor, I can tell.I don't know if he'll agree with it or not.But Khilji, even if he didn't do it, someone else would have.Khilji would still be Khilji.But Hamza, no matter how good he is, you really have to be in it to get those emotions.Especially the scene where he starts killing for his sister.The rage, I haven't seen something like that in a long time," he said.
Abhishek explained that the key difference between the two characters is how much the actor's interpretation matters.
Khilji has a well-known historical identity and a big, bold personality, but Hamza needed Ranveer to build the character from scratch using emotions and expressions.The performance also included a lot of physical acting, voice changes, and facial expressions that helped show Hamza's anger.
The emotional journey of Hamza, especially the scenes in Dhurandhar: The Revenge with his sister, played a big role.
Ranveer's acting, especially his physicality and rage, became a big part of the character.The performance has also helped the Dhurandhar franchise have a strong theatrical run.
Meanwhile, Ranveer is set to star in Pralay, which will also mark his debut as a producer under his company, Maa Kasam Films.
This project will add to his upcoming film plans after the success and attention from his role as Hamza.
No comments:
Post a Comment