Sonu said, "Me and my father used to travel between Mumbai and Delhi a lot.
We earned money and stayed in Mumbai.When the money ran out, we would go back to Delhi."
He added, "My father made it clear, 'You will not perform in Mumbai.' He is very wise about such things.
I am very lucky."
Sonu continued, "I asked him, 'Why can't I perform in Mumbai?
We also perform in Delhi.' I saw how his mind worked.He replied, 'You're a good-looking guy.You sing well.If you perform in Mumbai, you'll end up having an affair with a female singer or dancer.All the musicians or co-singers will become your friends.Then you'll settle here.If you perform in Delhi, I can watch over you.If you do the same in Mumbai, the problem will go away.Right now, you are clear that no matter what happens or whether you have slept or not, you need to call Anu Malik and others at 9 in the morning.You shouldn't have any other goal in Mumbai.'"
Sonu added, "I was a good boy.
I respected his decision.I wasn't a rebel."
He then laughed as he spoke in an accent, "I didn't tell him, 'So what?
I have my own life.I also want a girlfriend.I also want friends.I want to live today!' (laughs).I didn't act like today's kids.I told my father, 'Okay, dad.What you are saying is right!' (laughs)."
Sonu Nigam then said, "I would get up in the morning, make breakfast, sweep the floor and clean the dishes.
Then we would go to a studio or meet Amar Haldipur or Anu Malik or Nikhil-Vinay or Dilip Sen-Sameer Sen.There was nothing else to do.We had no friends."
No comments:
Post a Comment