Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Jimmy Shergill reveals he COMPLETELY gave up his phone while shooting Operation Safed Sagar; urges everyone to try a digital detox: “You will also NOT miss your phone”

Actors Jimmy Shergill, Siddharth, Dia Mirza, Prajakta Koli, Abhay Verma, Mihir Ahuja, Taaruk Raina, Arnav Bhasin, and Amrita Bagchi, along with director Oni Sen, producers Sanjay Routray, Sarita Patil, and Mehboob Pal Singh Brar, and executive producers Abhijeet Singh Parmar (who also wrote the story) and Kushal Srivastava, along with Netflix representatives Monika Shergill and Tanya Bami, attended the trailer launch of Operation Safed Sagar in Mumbai.The event was special for many reasons.First, several real people connected to the story were honored, including Group Captain Amit Gupta, Group Captain Alok Chaudhry, Group Captain Tarun Kumar Singha, former Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa, Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal A P Singh, and Alka Ahuja, the wife of the late Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja.

During a media Q&A, Jimmy was asked about going on a digital detox while acting in the show.
A journalist even heard that he used a simple Nokia phone while making the series.

Jimmy explained, “I was actually really happy when I didn’t have a phone (laughs).
So, I was very happy.Yes, my team had some problems.They were a bit stressed.” He clarified, “I didn’t even take the old Nokia phone.I just completely left my phone behind.I used to feel a lot of peace, and whenever I had free time, I would take a nap.”

Jimmy added, “I never missed my phone.
All of you will also not miss it if you try to give it up.I think we lived better in those times.That’s what I believe in.”

The event ended with an impactful comment from Jimmy Shergill, where he said the youth today aren’t interested in joining the armed forces.
He said, “If I talk about my time, especially those who were in public schools, 99.99% of us wanted to join the armed forces.I had scored over 90%, yet I still didn’t meet the cutoff.So, even though I applied, I didn’t qualify.There was so much competition.Now, it seems like no one is interested.Everyone wants to make movies.They have been given phones and are encouraged to make Reels.Everyone is just making videos.So, who will fight for the country, brother?Or will you fight inside yourself?” 

Operation Safed Sagar is set to release on Netflix on August 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment