Monday, July 27, 2026

Bhai Tera Star Hai targets 900–1000 screens despite Spider-Man: Brand New Day CLASH; Vivek B Agarwal says, “There was NO other viable weekend until February 2027-end”

The trailer of Bhai Tera Star Hai has become popular because of its funny content and Raghav Juyal's strong acting.The movie is set to come out on July 30, which means it will be released at the same time as Spider-Man: Brand New Day.In a special interview, the producer and director, Vivek B Agarwal, talked about the decision to release the film on that date.

Vivek said, "Honestly, there was no specific plan.
I did my research.After the July 30 weekend, I don't think I will get another chance to release the film until late 2027.There are either big Bollywood films, a major action movie, or a mix of Bollywood and South Indian films coming out every week or every other week."

He added, "I noticed that, apart from Dhamaal 4 in July, there wasn't a major Hindi movie until mid-August.
So, I had to choose between clashing with a big Hindi film or releasing together with Spider-Man.That was the only option left.I thought that if there wasn't a Hindi film for almost a month, it would be better to release my film during that quiet time and draw people who might prefer a Hindi movie over an English one."

When asked about the number of screens, Vivek said, "PVR Inox Pictures is handling the release in India.
We are aiming for 900 to 1000 screens."

The promo for Bhai Tera Star Hai feels similar to the low-budget, high-concept movies that companies like UTV and Phantom used to make in the 2000s and early 2010s.
These kinds of movies can still do well at the box office, as shown by Main Vaapas Aaunga, which was seen as a digital film but surprised people at the theaters.So, why did Vivek decide to release Bhai Tera Star Hai in theaters instead of going straight to OTT?

Vivek explained, "I agree that people's mindset has changed.
But if the film is good, people will still go to the theaters.Raghav and I wanted Bhai Tera Star Hai to have a theatrical release.We decided to invest a lot in marketing, with Raghav interacting with people and encouraging them to watch the film in theaters.So, he has been traveling to cities constantly and engaging with the audience."

He continued, "In the end, the film's content needs to work.
People have to like the trailer and songs, and then decide to watch it in theaters.We are achieving this balance.People like the trailer and the humor.It's rare to have a film like this with such humor and a group of actors."

He added, "Also, I feel people are getting tired of watching dark, serious thrillers, which make up almost 80% of OTT content.
It's not that comedy is being made on OTT, but mostly dark, serious, and toxic content.So, if a film offers something new, I think people will be interested in giving it a try."

No comments:

Post a Comment