Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has talked about his choice to step back from the film *Bandar*, which stars Bobby Deol.He explained that the version that was finally shown was not the one he originally wanted.In a conversation with comedian Kunal Kamra, he shared his thoughts on how creative choices are often affected by corporate decisions, and why he decided not to speak about the film's reception.
He mentioned that after the film came out, he chose not to defend it because he didn't feel right about promoting something that no longer matched his original ideas.
He said, "When I told people not to watch the film, it's because I couldn't take responsibility for it.I didn't give any interviews about it because what came out wasn't my final version.The criticisms are fair.I wanted to make something I could be proud of.But I couldn't stand up for it."
Kashyap also talked about how the film industry has changed over the years.
He said that now, more than before, movies are made with the goal of making money rather than being driven by passion or belief in the project.He added, "In the past, some producers made films by risking everything they had.Now, they're more focused on making sure their films are successful."
When it came to *Bandar*, he said that those who understood his intentions would already know what he was trying to say, even if the film wasn't exactly how he wanted it.
He explained, "Those who understand my vision don't need to watch it.They already know what's being shown.The problem is with those who don't know what it's about and have to watch it to understand.Only people who aren't aware of what's going on get carried away.Those who are aware will just dismiss it."
Kashyap also pointed out that while his visual style was mostly intact, changes in the editing process had a big impact on the film's message.
He said, "Cinematographically, everything else is mine.But they cut out parts, which changed the perspective.The general tone shifted a little.I shot all of it, but what they took out made a big difference."
His comments have sparked more discussion about the importance of creative freedom, the director's role in shaping a film, and how studios and producers can influence the final product.
While *Bandar* was known for its themes and performances, Kashyap's latest words highlight the difficulties filmmakers face in keeping their original vision alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment