Saturday, September 28, 2024

Saif Ali Khan reacts to Karan Johar’s remarks on actors demanding ‘Rs. 40 crores’ fees for a film with same budget: “People charging astronomical money and then not delivering…”

The exorbitant fees that some actors in the industry demand, says filmmaker Karan Johar. In a recent interview, he voiced his displeasure with celebrities who demand exorbitant fees without corresponding box office returns. He argued that the economics of the industry simply do not permit such exorbitant demands. In a subsequent interview, Saif Ali Khan addressed Johar's remarks and emphasized that the film industry operates on a business model in which actors' fees are determined by market demand and their perceived value to the commercial success of a film. "He wants to cut pay cheques," Saif stated on Thursday at the India Today Conclave in Mumbai. On that, I believe I ought to form my own union. Although hearing about pay cuts makes me a little nervous, I'm sure he's right. No cashing in paychecks. Take note of the industry's financial situation. That's what happens when you approach a celebrity, and they may inform you that, "hey, if you want me, that's how much it is going to cost." Also, people pay for it. Additionally, if people pay it, the economics can occasionally be skewed. But Indians are entrepreneurs. As a result, people take shots at the film industry because it is primarily a business-type financial center in and of itself. However, Karan Johar is the best. I'm only kidding."



"What he (Karan Johar) is talking about is people charging astronomical money and then not delivering, which can't last," the actor added. We are recession-proof, so our prices are reasonable."

Karan Johar recently asked The Hollywood Reporter India, "What are your last two films? How many people have you let in? What authority do you have to request this number from me? I was asked for the same amount of money by each star as was in the budget. I thought, "How do I pay you?" When there are Rs. 40 crore, and you want Rs. 40 crore? Do you guarantee that the movie will make Rs? 120 crore? Isn't there no guarantee?

In terms of work, Saif Ali Khan will play a role in Devara: Part I, with Janhvi Kapoor and Jr. NTR. The movie was shown in theaters on September 27, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment