Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Sukhwinder Singh REFUTES Ram Gopal Varma’s claims on ‘Jai Ho’ composition: “AR Rahman has composed the song, I have only sung it”

Earlier this week, filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma caused confusion by claiming that the Oscar-winning song "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire was written by singer Sukhwinder Singh, not AR Rahman. Sukhwinder, on the other hand, has denied the claims made by the filmmaker and given Rahman credit for the song's music in an interview with Hindustan Times. He acknowledged that he had performed the iconic song, but credited Rahman as the composer.

The song was written by AR Rahman; I only sang it. According to him, "Ram Gopal Varma ji koi chhoti hasti toh nahin hain, shayad unhe kuchh galat pata chala hoga." He made it clear that there was no deliberate dissemination of false information to Varma. Sukhwinder Singh gave more details about how the song was made. He revealed that the song was written by lyricist Gulzar. AR Rahman liked the song, so he wrote it in Sukhwinder's studio.

For Subhash Ghai's Yuvvraaj, starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, Rahman even gave the song to him. But Ghai thought the song didn't go with his idea.

For the uninitiated, in an interview with Film Companion, RGV recalled meeting Ghai when he became enraged at Rahman for not having written the song. According to RGV, the director even slammed the composer, saying, "I am paying you crores of rupees as my music director and you are making Sukhwinder make a tune for me." The filmmaker then swore at the composer. That's brave of you to say in front of me. I'll sign Sukhwinder if I want him. Who are you to demand that Sukhwinder compose music for me and take my money?

AR Rahman has yet to comment on the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment