Monday, September 14, 2026

Don’t Be Shy Trailer: First Love, old friendships and messy choices take centre stage in Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt’s production

Prime Video has released the trailer for its upcoming original movie, *Don’t Be Shy*, a young adult romantic comedy.The story focuses on themes like friendship, first love, heartbreak, and the challenges of early adulthood.The film features new actors Aarushi Bajaj, Piyush Khati, Bianca Arora, and Ansh Duggal in the main roles, along with established names like Kunaal Roy Kapur, Anurag Basu, Neha Dhupia, and Anju Alva Naik in important roles.

The trailer introduces Shyamili “Shy” Das, played by Aarushi Bajaj, as a young woman whose carefully planned life takes an unexpected turn.
As she tries to get back on track, she finds herself dealing with complicated feelings for Mayank, played by Piyush Khati, and her estranged childhood friend Dhruv, played by Ansh Duggal.

The arrival of Tara, played by Bianca Arora, adds another layer to Shy’s challenges.
What starts as a chance to fix things soon leads to a series of new situations, relationships, and tough decisions, setting up the film’s romantic comedy storyline.

Writer and director Sreeti Mukerji shared her thoughts about the film, saying, “*Don’t Be Shy* came from a place of missing the movies I used to watch growing up—movies I still go back to for comfort and entertainment.
This is my tribute to that time in our lives when we're on the edge of adulthood but still young in many ways.It's about the feeling that no matter how strange or wild life gets, we can always find our way back to ourselves.I’m really thankful to Alia and Shaheen for trusting me to write this story and helping bring it to life.Of course, none of it would have been possible without Prime Video for believing in the story and me, and the amazing cast of Aarushi, Ansh, Bianca, and Piyush, who made the characters come to life.I can’t wait for audiences around the world to meet the characters on September 25!”

Aarushi Bajaj said, “Playing a character so different from who I am was both challenging and exciting.
Stepping into Shy’s shoes pushed me out of my comfort zone in the best way.Playing the role of Shy also felt like a big responsibility.I wanted to give her everything I had and do justice to her journey.I can’t wait for audiences to finally meet her and experience the world through her eyes.”

Bianca Arora said, “My character has a very different way of seeing things, and that’s what made this role so much fun for me.
Tara almost felt like she gave me permission to be my most expressive self on camera, and I found a lot of joy in discovering that side of her and myself.After everything we’ve put into *Don’t Be Shy*, I’m beyond excited for audiences to finally watch it.”

For Ansh Duggal, this is his first film.
He said, “It feels surreal to know that my very first film is going to be watched by people around the world.I’m nervous, excited, and just incredibly grateful for starting this journey with *Don’t Be Shy*.It’s a feeling I won’t ever forget.”

Piyush Khati said, “Mayank is a character with so many layers, and getting into his shoes was both a challenge and a really fun exercise.
I found little parts of myself in him that surprised me along the way.”

What makes this movie even more special is the journey we've all been on together.
We started as four new people learning everything as we went, and now we're seeing our film ready for the world to watch.

Written and directed by Sreeti Mukerji, the film is produced by Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt under Eternal Sunshine Productions.
Don't Be Shy will be shown on Prime Video in Hindi with English subtitles across India and over 240 countries and regions around the world on September 25, 2026.

No comments:

Post a Comment